"The residency that I earned after completing optometry school exposed me to advanced methods of optometric medicine that few optometrists are fortunate enough to experience and practice."
- Certified Optometric Glaucoma Specialist, Texas Optometry Board, 2000
- Certified Therapeutic Optometrist, Texas Optometry Board, 1991
- Residency, Tuscaloosa Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1989
- Doctorate of Optometry, Illinois College of Optometry, 1988
- Graduate, Bachelor of Sciences in Visual Science, Illinois College of Optometry, 1988
- Member, Gold Key Optometric Honor Society, 1988
- Externship, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1987
- Awarded, "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges", 1988
- Awarded, "Outstanding Young Men of America," 1988, 1987
Respected Teacher, Lecturer, and Author
"Helping to train my peers allows me to remain at the forefront of optometry by keeping abreast of the newest techniques and research available."
Educator: training peers during numerous lectures and workshops in "Advanced Methods of Ocular Disease Diagnosis and Treatment"
Lecturer: on optic nerve disorders, peripheral retinal disease, cataract and glaucoma diagnosis and treatment, advancements in ocular medications, and eye care technology
Authored: An Eye Doctor Answers: Explanations To Hundreds Of The Most Common Questions Patients Wish They Had Asked, Co-management of the Glaucoma Patient by the Optometric Physician
Author & Founder: The Eye Doc Blog - Dr. Driscoll maintains The Eye Doc Blog keeping patients and doctors up to date on the latest news and research in eye care today. Dr. Driscoll has also authored numerous articles in optometric journals
Active In His Profession
"Membership in professional organizations allows me to remain at the leading edge of my profession, thus providing better care for my patients."
Member: Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity
Member: American Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
Dr. Driscoll sees patients with a wide variety of conditions however a high proportion of his patients seek his help for conditions such as Keratoconus, Post Surgical Contact Lenses, Glaucoma, OrthoKeratology, and Myopia Control.
"Health is not valued till sickness comes."
- Thomas Fuller